Chef Tom Ramsey is currently a contestant on ABC’s The Taste (Thursdays, 7:00 – 9:00 pm CST). He is using his viewing parties for the show to increase awareness and raise money for Children’s of Mississippi pediatric programs, including Batson Children’s Hospital, Mississippi’s ONLY children’s hospital.
Hal & Mal’s in Jackson, Mississippi, will host the weekly Viewing Parties during which they will donate 10% of food and drink sales to Children’s of Mississippi. Many generous partners are donating gift certificates, art work, and other exciting prizes for a raffle drawing that will be held during the final show on January 22, 2015. Drawings will begin at 7:15 PM on January 22, so get your tickets now!
Raffle tickets are $10.00 each, and you do not have to be present to win. One hundred percent of the raffle ticket sales will be donated to Children’s of Mississippi. To purchase tickets, visit (ONLINE Sales are now closed), visit Chef Ramsey’s La Finestra restaurant, or come to one of the Viewing Parties and join in the fun! (Click here to see a list of the events and tell your friends!) Online ticket sales close at 6:00 PM and onsite ticket sales close at 7:00 PM on 1/22/2015.
Check back often for updated lists of donated prizes. We are receiving prizes daily!
- A Casey Creasey Painting
- A Josh Hailey Photamerica Print
- Spirit House Glass “Lovebirds” by Elizabeth Robinson
- A What the Folk Art piece by SFletch called “The Taste of Sharing”
Beauty and Fashion
- Rodan + Fields Winter Survival Kit – Daily Body Moisturizer, Foaming Sunless Tan and Lip Shield donated by Laura Neill
Entertainment and other Gifts
- Jason Daniels Band CDs and T-Shirts
- Shane Etter, signed editions of his three novels: Bottom Dwellers, Trail Dwellers, and Mind Dwellers
For the Foodie
- Contestant Joe Arvin cookbooks
- La Finestra Gift Certificate
- Mangia Bene 3-in-1 Gift Certificate – Bravo!, Broad Street Bakery, and Sal & Mookie’s
- Parlor Market Gift Certificate
THE TASTE Memorabilia Package!
- Denim Apron from contestant Tarik Abdullah, DJ/Pop-Up Chef (eliminated)
- Cookbook by contestant Jen Royle, Sports Reporter & contender
- Cookbook by contestant P.K. Newby, Ph.D. (eliminated)
- Cookbook by contestant Joe Arvin, corporate chef (eliminated)
- Signed Bandannas from contestant Gabe Kennedy, private chef & contender
- Signed Fire Department Baseball Cap from contestant Dan Brelsford, firefighter (eliminated)
- Gift Basket from mentor Marcus Samuelsson’s Red Rooster in Harlem, NY
- AND…a book signed by Mississippi’s own, Chef Tom Ramsey of La Finestra (unfortunately eliminated)